I’ve updated the hybrid instructions – specifically chapter 17 which explains various security procedures. It’s available now for download.
All Hybrid players please consider the following: The majority of bookings requested are between 4pm – 9am my time. This is outside my normal working hours. Many of the bookings are around 3am. I can usually do sessions at such hours perhaps once or twice a week maximum. And even then it disrupts my normal sleeping pattern, so I’m not productive the following day.
When it comes to issues like support, I’m one person. I don’t have help anymore (at least for now). If say 3 players all wanted my support at 3am on different days, it would be virtually impossible for me to retain a normal life. Alternatively, these players could all get the support they needed in my working hours and on the same day. Of course it may be their 3am and it’s not as convenient for them, but they would only need to do it perhaps once a week. Not several times a week like I would need to.
So if you are using the booking form to request my time at hours between 4pm – 9am, most of the time your booking will be refused. The exception is if the booking is for an organized session inside a real casino, and you have your team fully organized and ready to go. But if your booking is for general support and training, it’s just not feasible for me to constantly help at times like 3am. Even outside normal business hours is difficult because I have a personal life too.
System and regular computer players don’t normally need my LIVE support (phone or skype). But Hybrid operators and players do. I’m not saying players wont get personal support. Just consider it’s easier for you to be awake at an inconvenient time once per week, than it is for me to be awake at inconvenient times on many nights.
1. If you need training or to test equipment, book it between 9am-4pm my time. First use all the training material to make live support much more efficient.
2. If you want to book an in-casino session, then book at whatever hour is suitable as per the instructions. Then I’ll do my best to make myself available.
As it is now, I can do only 1-2 sessions per week that are outside 9am-4pm. I’m still in the process of recruiting more operators.
Unfortunately the past 2 weeks have been busier than normal, but everything is more managable this week. Although I’m behind on emails and will be up to date before the end of tomorrow. Still though I’m dealing with more work than I should, so I’ll have another look at changes I can make.
I’ve further organized the Hybrid service teams. One part of it is players are in three main categories (color coded). These are:
GREY: These players have applied to be a player, but have not yet completed step 3 (getting the equipment). If you don’t get the equipment, you wont have anything to train with. And you wont have anything to play with. I do not buy the equipment for you because when I previously did that, I ended up sending tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment to people who wasted my time. Most never even found the time for training, and never bothered to return the equipment. So now players must buy their own equipment. Generally you do NOT purchase equipment from me. You usually source it from your own suppliers, but none of it is hard to find (most is on Ebay). Most applicants don’t complete step 3 and expect I will send them free equipment. If you don’t get the equipment, your application wont progress at all.
ORANGE: These players have all of their equipment ready, but are not yet active or regular players. If you are at this stage, you should:
* have received and thoroughly read the instructions.
* keep in contact with me around once/month to give me a reminder that you’re still ready to go.
Let me know if you need anything from me to proceed.
GREEN: These are regular active players. I will almost always give these players first priority.
HOW A CASINO SESSION IS ORGANIZED:
There are a few ways this happens. Most commonly:
1. A player books a session with the booking form.
2. I may discuss it with them before approving the session, or just approve the session if I know the player is organized.
3. The session takes place at the agreed time as per instructions.
1. We receive information about suitable conditions/casinos
2. I check the player database for GREEN and ORANGE players who may be a match for session. I ignore grey players because they are not even ready.
3. All players meet in a private group chat to discuss and organize the details.
KEEP IN MIND IF YOU ARE A GREY PLAYER, YOU AREN’T READY AND WONT EVEN BE CONSIDERED. WHETHER OR NOT YOU’RE A SERIOUS PLAYER, IF YOU HAVE NO EQUIPMENT OR TRAINING, YOU CANNOT PROCEED TO THE NEXT STAGE.
You should be aware of what type of player you are (grey, organge or green). If you are a GREY player, if I don’t hear back from you in the next week, I’ll assume you lost interest and will remove you from the database. I need to keep the database smaller and more managable. And I don’t want to work with players who are less than 100% committed. Besides this reminder, I wont follow-up if you don’t appear to be interested.
If you applied to the Hybrid service, please keep in mind there are lots of teams, and individuals without teams, so it is very difficult for me to coordinate everything. For example, one player may be alone and waiting for a suitable team to need a bettor. If you are such a player, I would have you on the list, and will try and find a matching team for you. This can take anywhere from 1-6 months. It mostly depends on what other teams and individuals need.
If you are a serious player and in a good position to travel and play, I will likely eventually find a place for you. But please don’t RELY on me to find a place for you. That’s because there are many players, and it’s easy to forget to find a place for you.
Still there are cases where a player has been waiting a year or more. This can happen if you, compared to other players, are in a less suitable position to be part of a team. Like for example, you might live in a region nowhere near a suitable casino but still able to travel with perhaps 30 day notice, and have little to no experience or success in casinos. You may be a serious and motivated player, but I would naturally give priority to a player I already knew and was able to travel anywhere with little notice. But I will still value your participation because bettors are a important to maximize results.
So basically if you remain a serious player but don’t yet have a team, or have been waiting for me to assign you to a team, my advice is:
* Form your own team: it should be people you can trust with your life. Keep in mind partnerships often turn into bitter disputes. So choose partners carefully.
* Send me a gentle reminder perhaps once a month: to let me know you’re still interested and serious, and should not be forgotten. Notify me of any changes in your personal circumstances that may assist, but please be honest or you can end up inconveniencing a whole team.
There was an issue with the previous versions that meant some combinations of phones and firmware led to disconnection after a few minutes. It didn’t affect all phones, but the programmer found a workaround so it shouldn’t affect any of the recommended phone models. In our tests the connection remains after hours on every phone we’ve tested.
All hybrid players please first uninstall the current software you have (including removing the file from the downloads folder in the phone), then download & install the latest version from the usual location.
Before you book any further "play" sessions, use the booking form to book an "equipment test" session. The test will be for about 10 minutes because affected phones disconnected after around 5 minutes.
Remember even phones that have the same flagship model can have different firmware, and it causes different phones to behave differently. Even if you had no problems before, you will need to install the latest version of the hybrid server will not accept the video properly.
1. Everyone needs to update their apps then test.
2. I’ve cancelled all pending appointments, but you can re-book after you’ve tested with me.
3. Use the booking form to request an "equipment test" session.
4. Also the hybrid instructions have been updated – specifically the parts explaining how to connect and use the updated video apps.